Thursday, April 10, 2008

Our Meg, the EIGHT month old!

Eight whole months since Meggles came - so cliche, but I swear I cannot believe it. I mean, an eight month old baby is a bonafide, sitting-up, laughing, TV commercial-esque baby. Let me see if I can describe Meg for all of you who haven't met her yet:

*We thought early on that she would be a chill, laid back child. Wrong we were. This baby makes her presence known, not only with her teradactyl squeals and sounds, but now she wants to be looked at and engaged constantly. Let's just say I think she's a bit on the high maintenance side.

*There is nothing she loves more than being outside, and she loves riding in the stroller. Which is great for this mama who needs the exercise anyway.

*She doesn't like her booster seat at all and sometimes will sit in her Bumbo seat to eat. She prefers to sit on our laps while we feed her table food. It is so inefficient, messy and annoying. And she swats her arms so hard that she slaps the food right out of the spoon and onto everything. I hate feeding time.

*She has this bald spot on the back of her head that is SO bald that it looks like we shave it every night. Nary a hair is on that spot of her precious scalp.

*She doesn't like peaches or potatoes.

*She also doesn't like other people very much. If we're out somewhere and someone talks to her, there's a good 60% chance that she'll burst into tears. It makes it worse when I laugh at how absurd that is.

*She can sit up by herself and seems so much happier. Just to be able to reach for toys, play with her sister a little more, and get lots of applause for doing so.

*She also has more nicknames than any other baby on earth. Some include Meggle, Meggles, Meggie Sneggie, Meggie Bells, Meggies Bellsies, Schnookum, Bean Sprout, Beanie, and Boo Boo.

I can't imagine our family without that little lamb chop. To us, she is just about the most adorable thing on the planet. We love you more every day, little Meggie Sneggie.

Here she is with her look-alike pop:





And here she's sporting that intense brown-eyed Larson glare with added smirk. I think the smirk might be from my side of the family.


Happy Eight months, little bit! (oh yeah, that's another one)

5 comments:

Katy said...

I love that little bug!!! I can't wait until I can hold her without her having a major meltdown! Love you guys!
-your sista

angela | the painted house said...

Honest, sweet, perfect! Those brown eyes are so dramarific. When will we see you all again???

Oh, and CONGRATS on the 23 lbs! That is awesome! Can't wait to see the pics Erin takes.

Katy said...

I can't get over how grown up your precious little girl looks! How did that happen? Surely Gus isn't growing up, too, right? Lord, I hope not. I never thought 8 months would sound as old as it does all of a sudden. Love to you all! xoxo!

The Wards said...

What a sweetheart! Seriously, I did not mean to copy your post basically word for word about how cute my little one is and how many nicknames we have for her.

And thanks for helping me avert any more diaper crises! You guys rock.

Anonymous said...

Marian, we hate to tell you this, but Eric DOES shave that spot on Meg's head every night. (Sorry Eric, but she has a right to know.)