Friday, May 11, 2007

Paci-Free Household

It worked!

The first day or two was pretty rough, especially at sleep times, but after that - no sweat. It's now been 10 days and she is 100% pacifier free. We're so proud of her!

Now, any suggestions on getting the child out of diapers?

Let's see - what else is going on with us? We went to Relay for Life tonight in Waynesville. For those who don't know what it is, it's an American Cancer Society fundraiser whereby teams are sponsored to walk - all night long. This local event runs from 6 pm to 6 am. at the Waynesville Recreation Center, which has expansive green space and an outdoor track.

Teams sell food and goodies, music is playing, kids are throwing footballs, families are hanging out in tents, etc. - it's just a good, community atmosphere. Eric, Stella and I ate dinner there and walked the track a few times too.

I had my glucose test today at the doctor, and it's a bit high, so I have to go back for the more extensive blood sugar test. It's frustrating - not only b/c it's a hassle to have to sit in the hospital for 4 hours getting poked and prodded - but more than that, I want this baby to be healthy. The same thing happened with Stella, and I got myself all in a tizzy convinced that I had gestational diabetes, and I didn't. So though it's probably nothing, I still left the office with a bad feeling.

I'm a Libra, OK - I want everything to be perfect all the time, and any imbalance of the scales throws me for a loop! Then multiply that by 1000 when it comes to my own babies.

I'll hopefully have more photos to post after our Mother's Day hike that I've (yes, me) planned. I can't wait! For now, you'll have to look at our child, with busted up knees, a sty in her eye, and missing one sock. She's still beautiful to us!

No comments: