Monday, April 02, 2007

Abridged version of our trip

Charleston is a romantic, beautiful, scenic and historical city, one that I would love to visit again and again. There really is so much to see and do, tons of great bars and restaurants, parks, beaches, and great things for kids too. I would recommend it to anyone, because whatever your interests, you could still have fun there.

I must admit I was anxious traveling with Stella since she moved to a big girl bed, and she's long grown out of her Pack and Play, which meant she was sharing our bed. It's crazy how my moods and overall happiness level directly correlate to how much rest I get these days. And while the first night was a bit rough, she did GREAT for naps and nighttime the rest of the trip. We were so proud of her!

While Eric and Pat worked most of Saturday, Brittain and I took Stella to Folly Beach. The photo (see last post) of her with filthy clothes happened like this - she had sand on her hands as we were walking back to the car, and I said, "Stella, just wipe them on your shirt and we'll change you later." Well, she took that as an open invitation to grab handfuls of wet sand and clump them all over her clothes, since I said it was OK. Brittain and I laughed so hard at that one. Check it out in this pic.



We also ran around tons of parks, fountains, piers, and of course, strolled the lovely streets of the city. We ate good seafood, everyone else drank good drinks (though I did have a virgin pina colada that hit the spot), and got sun and salty air on our skin, which felt incredible.

The picture of the bride and groom was taken in one of the most beautiful green spaces I've ever seen. They were gorgeous, just posing for their photographer among these tremendous oaks and spring flowers, with the beautiful old houses on one side and the ocean on the other. Everyone around was staring at them!

Can you tell that we really needed a vacation? Between running the businesses, chasing Stella, and just getting through every day, we don't take enough time to just be with each other and good friends. It was just what the doctor ordered.

Here are a few more photos just for fun. Expect another update next week after yours truly returns from Key West! Supportive emails and phone calls to Eric over Easter would be welcome as he'll be full-time dad for 4 straight days. God Bless him.




No comments: