Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A Chilly (but happy) Return

In theory: There I was - hanging out in Key West, no responsibilities, just looking at the water, getting a suntan, and enjoying virgin pina coladas. Sounds lovely doesn't it?

The reality: I missed these guys so much!

Well, let's put it this way - spending time with my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew was invaluable. And Stella and Eric having quality dad/daughter time was equally as important. But I'm here to tell you, when I am not with them for four straight days, it's really hard. I cried every time I said goodnight to little Stells over the phone.

But guess what, I'm back, we're all fine, and aside from occasional hormonal moments, I had a real blast. My brother rented a house right on the water in Cudjoe Key, which is about 20 miles north of Key West. Here's a view from the neighborhood we stayed in.



We rented a boat on Easter Sunday and spent the day cruising and fishing. We also went to the beach, kicked around downtown Key West, ate some good seafood, and just overall enjoyed hanging out together. They live in CA so I don't see them nearly as much as I'd like. Check out the massive fish my brother caught.



But by far the highlight of my trip was getting to see my only nephew, Jay. He's named after my late father, and sometimes he looks just like him. He's the baby that people stop on the street to ooh and aah over. Let me show you why.





Back to reality now, but you know what, my reality isn't so bad. Because these two loves are what make it all worthwhile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marian~
We had a great visit with you! Jay misses you already. I bet you are glad to be home. Thanks for hanging!

angela | the painted house said...

Oh, your trip sounds blissful! Glad you're back...Joey's is open now...