Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

It is a beautiful day in the NC mountains so this post should be, for the most part, uplifting and positive...

1. We are part of a program here called Parents as Teachers, or PAT. It's a free service through a local child abuse prevention agency that sends someone into your home monthly to essentially help and support you as a parent. Our assigned coordinator, Kim, brings homemade games and toys, hand-outs on child development, books, etc. that are age appropriate for Stella and Meg. Needless to say, she's become a favorite around here. And she's coming in just a few hours.

2. We had a picnic today at a beautiful field with some friends. Stella ran what seemed like miles through the grass. And Meg just sat on the blanket with us playing with toys. Is there anything cuter than a baby sitting on a quilt in the sunshine? Surprise Surprise, I forgot my camera.

3. I've slacked off on my Weight Watchers but am still proud to say I've lost 23 pounds. I now have motivation to lose the extra 15 b/c our dear friend Erin is photographing our family at the end of May. And you know I want to look back at those and think that I looked like a hot mom.

4. Eric is working hard as usual for the business. He's frustrated b/c he's quoted a lot of jobs but many haven't come through yet. The state of the economy is hurting everyone, small businesses like ours too. I am so proud of what he has built in just 3 1/2 years, literally from scratch and with no business experience. If anybody can make it succeed, he can.

5. Ugh, I just lost all interest in finishing this list. Why do I have adult onset ADD? I'm not even kidding.

6. I will leave you with a photo of our new niece, Lily Therese Jones. Thanks, Melissa, for taking these precious photos. Hope you don't mind if I posted them!



Have a good week people!

3 comments:

erin said...

10 or not I love your TOT posts! And that is one Suh-WEET baby. And I can't wait to see you at the end of may, you hot mama!

Katy said...

23 POUNDS!! That's awesome. Congratulations! And congratulations on being an aunt again. What a precious baby. I hope all the Jones-Larsons are doing well, and seriously, we hope to visit soon. Mark and I need to look at our calendar and figure out a time asap. xoxo!

Daisy said...

I rode my bike to work and turned into a popsicle - I'm thawing while reading your post. A picnic and babies and sunshine? That sounds fantastic...