Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Just following orders

OK, this post is a shout out to our two dear friends. James has been giving me a hard time about not sticking to my Ten on Tuesday ritual - and he's right. I've been super lazy about blogging. Funny thing is I hold such a double standard with the whole blogging thing. I get mad at everyone else who doesn't update their blogs regularly, but it's fine to let mine go.

And our girl Angela pegged me to do this list thingy, so here's a combo deal for you guys - and anyone else who may be reading.

So Here's Ten on Tuesday, with the first six points being the "Six Uninteresting Things About Me" that Angela requested. These should be good.

1. I hate peas. This stems from the repulsive casserole my mom used to force me to eat when I was a kid. I can't even call it a casserole. It was canned Le Seuer peas stirred up with some undiluted mushroom soup, baked. That's it, people. I would cry, literally, when I saw mom take those silver cans out of the cabinet. Ugh. It still makes my stomach turn.

2. I have broken two bones in my life, and both injuries happened right before dance recitals. Once in preschool - an ankle bone, and once in middle school - a foot bone. I was the kid in the audience wearing the cast. Twice.

3. My middle name is Fuller. I was named after a Dr. Fuller, who had a son named Lyndon Fuller. Dr. Fuller named his son Lyndon after President Lyndon Johnson. Story was that Dr. Fuller and Lyndon Johnson were college roommates in TX. Now as I type that, I'm not sure if I believe it. But it's what I've been told my whole life.

4. I minored in African American studies at UNC. And majored in journalism. Now I wipe butts and cook macaroni and cheese for a living. I wouldn't have it any other way.

5. I have an extra bone on the back of my head. I think I had a cyst on top of the extra bone, and a plastic surgeon removed that when I was little, but of course the bone remained. I remember having to get x-rays and other tests run when I was a kid to make sure it was nothing. Was this one too much information?

6. I can't believe it's true, but I want another baby. Truly.

And now, four other just as uninteresting things going on with us:

7. We're taking two trips this month to visit family. One to Eastern NC to visit my family, and one to Ala. to visit Eric's family. I don't even want to think about what we'll spend on gas.

8. Stella's first end of year preschool performance is Thursday night. She's been practicing her songs for us, and one of them is about a paw paw patch. We didn't even know what paw paws were. We looked them up on Wikipedia.

9. It's supposed to frost tonight in these mountains. Thanks, it's the end of April.

10. Our lovable, but off-color neighbor, came over for dinner tonight. It's always an experience hanging out with him.

And here are a few photos of our growing girls, by far the most interesting thing on this post tonight!







4 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Very INTERESTING! I won't be making those peas for sure next time you come for dinner!

Stella looks like such a young lady! So pretty. And, may I have Meg for lunch? With a side of C-Bear? Why are these babies so delicious? Totally go for another baby. What's one more butt and bowl of mac-n-cheese?

James, Rachel and Tenzin said...

OK, so get this...Lyndon Johnson's middle name was Baines ---> named after his maternal Great-Grandfather George Washington Baines, Sr. ---> whose son named LBJ after a town called Linden Pointe in Norwood, Ohio, but change the spelling to a "y." Now, hold on to your hat...Kevin Bacon's middle name is Norwood. If you don't believe me, hit up your Wikipedia!

Anonymous said...

YES! Go for a 3rd and then keep going. Having only one will be my life's biggest regret. In fact, I wish, wish, wish we had gone for a baseball team.

Donna

PS That Pea Casserole sounds delish. Thanks for the recipe.

angela | the painted house said...

So I might peg you for another one of these if it gets you to post!!! Miss your news, but no pressure...

Marian, I hope you had a fun day celebrating your mommyhood to those two beautiful girls.