Wednesday, May 14, 2008

No excuses

I mean, I could think of some excuses for not blogging, but they wouldn't sound very believable...but somebody give me props for doing it now.

Life around here has been stressful lately, because our life and our business are really one in the same. Gosh there are so many great things about being your own boss - flexibility, not having to answer to anyone, satisfaction that all this hard work is a good investment. I believe that there are more plusses than minuses to this whole thing, for sure. The highs are really high.

Which in turns means the lows are really low. The economy is having a negative effect on every business out there. People just aren't spending money like they have been - us included - but that means that we're not doing as much work as we'd like. We have tons of prospects, just not too many that have actually signed on the dotted line.

This has been such a roller coaster for us. Since we came back from Peace Corps five years ago, we've yet to feel truly secure in our professions, and adding two kids to the mix doesn't exactly make things easier. That said, we're still surviving, and I am thankful for a husband that wants this to work so badly so we can have the quality of life that we want. Which is time together and with the girls, with a little money for the occasional Chick Fil-A sandwich that we crave on road trips.

Now kid updates: Stella is really asserting her independence lately, and she's become sort of sassy. This is not cute, people. Like when I say, "Stella, don't talk to me like that," she'll say, "Don't talk to ME like that." What do I do with this? Part of me wants to laugh and part of me wants to slap her. Of course I try not to do either.

Meg is 9 months old and screaming in her crib as I type this. Oh well. She has one tooth, smiles a lot, and has no interest whatsoever in crawling. She still likes to be held ALOT but has warmed up to strangers talking to her now.

We're headed to Eric's parents house in a few weeks for a visit and to have our family photographed by Erin. So excited about that!

OK, must tend to the needy hussy now. Hope all of you are well.

3 comments:

erin said...

Oh girl, thanks for blogging. I give you mad props! I'm actually relieved to hear what a sassy-pants Stella is these days. Seriously Sarah is going to drive me insane and it helps to know she's no the only one being a little...um...naughty. :)

The Jones Family said...

The things we have to look forward to with a daughter. I am glad you are going through it first. This way we have some to ask when we need advice! Love ya

The Wards said...

Missed you guys this week on Tuesday! Do you think our little sassy girls have a secret blogging life of their own where they share secrets on how to annoy their parents? I can hear Mali now "hey Stella, try the first-name thing with your mom. Drives mine crazy!".

I was complaining to Jonathan the other day that I had to end a phone call to a friend early and Mali stated matter-of-factly "Yeah. Pushed Dee-Dee. Time Out". Pretty much right on.