Friday, May 23, 2008

Fri. night blues

Am I Debbie Downer or what?

I'm feeling low for two, no three, reasons right now. The first is simply me being a baby because I don't feel so well. Scratchy throat, achy, and just so freaking exhausted. I mean, why am I so tired, seriously. Do I have chronic fatigue syndrome? Any hour of the day I could go lie down and just pass out. It may have to do with my 5:15 am waking baby, even though Eric usually gets up with her and distracts her until the first number on the clock is a six so he can bring her to me to nurse. Opening your eyes before six am is pure torture, isn't it?

It also has to do with the fact that I'm still nursing Meg, and I'm quite frankly kind of over it. I know that sounds so horrible mom, but the fact is at this point it's more of a routine than a real nutritional benefit for her. She loves people food and can drink from a cup pretty well. And for me, until I'm completely done with nursing, I don't truly feel back to myself again. I guess I'm just ready to feel normal again.

Second reason I'm down is that two of our best friends are moving. First are Jeff and Laura, who sold their house for CASH in two weeks and are leaving in a month to travel the world. I know, poor guys. We are so excited for them, maybe envious is more like it, but they've become good friends here, and we really hate to see them go.

Also, Tracy and Ben and their kids Noa and Eli are leaving in a month, and this one sucks too. We hang out with them a lot - our kids play together so well and the adults do too - so it's going to be very strange to not have them to call. I don't even want to think about it.

And then, the third and most significant reason that I'm feeling sad tonight is because we lost a friend a few days ago. He was 35 and our dentist, and he died in a motorcycle accident. We went to his funeral yesterday - he leaves behind a wife and four year old son...he was an awesome dentist and just so full of life, funny and fun too. I remember him having to leave quickly after cleaning Eric's teeth once b/c he had to get to a Beastie Boys concert. Of course that made me love him.

So there, what a great way to start off your weekend...seriously, I do hope everyone has a great holiday weekend! That's it from here...oh, go give a shout out to my best friend at her new blog site here.

Bye!

2 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Girl sometimes we just need to vent!!!!
Hope this week is better.
Love ya!

Katy said...

Dang, Marian. I'm so sorry about all that sad news--you deserve to be bummed out. I hope this week was better... and this weekend is even better.
xoxo! -k