Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Glass is Half Full Again

It's amazing what stepping out of the whirlwind of work can do. It took over two weeks for me (Eric) to decompress from my trip to the surface and not get the bends.

There were some therapeutic moments that helped make everything better:

- Walking on the beach with Meg and Stella.

- Cooking dinner with Marian.

- Playing a round of bridge with the ladies at Figure 8.

- Just "bumming" around downtown Wilmington.

- Eating crabcakes, shrimp, Indochine (a Wilmington Thai restaurant), and other great stuff.

- Amstel Light and Sarinac Variety Pack. Nice blend!

- Reading back issues of Inc. Magazine. This is a lot more fun than you'd think.

- Sunrises and good coffee (yes, I'm drinking -some- coffee again, for anyone who has followed that bit of saga).

- Driving through Huntsville at midnight. Oddly satisfying.

- Samuel Smith Oatmeal Porter with my brother, Wade.

- A walk around the old neighborhood with my sister, Katy, and her husband, Chris.

- Going to church with my dad and seeing an old friend.

Through it all was the woman of my dreams. I think I would enjoy a vacation to Hades so long as Marian could be with me.

It was quite warm on this trip, but not THAT bad.

No comments: