Saturday, November 25, 2006

Out of the mouths of babes

This is just a quick post, but had to document what my precious two-year old daughter said today...

So we're walking at Lake Junaluska (a local lake near our home), and I'm just pushing an empty stroller because she wanted to run ahead, of course. So she stops, puts her arms out, looks up at the sky, and says,

"Wanna hug blue sky!"

I don't know if I've EVER heard words that I found to be cuter. Just wanted to share.

Hope you guys all had a wonderful holiday!

p.s. Her blue sky comment definitely erased some not so cute things she says in public sometimes, like,

"mommy's big butt"
"mommy's nose yucky"
"mommy's boobies" (why couldn't 'big' go with boobies and not butt?)
"daddy/mommy go pee-pee/poopie"

1 comment:

angela | the painted house said...

Such sweet innocence! But I agree, it is a good balance to the "go take a shower, Mommy, your arm is stinky."

Oh, hiking...I don't know the mile marker, but Black Balsam is on the Parkway right before Graveyard Fields. Ashton did the whole hike himself, but there were plenty of tricky parts where I needed to assist him. But it is short enough to comfortably carry a toddler in a chest/back carrier. Do it before we lose this amazing weather! Okay, we really need to exchange emails...