Monday, July 23, 2007

Baby Larson

Today had a 36 week ultrasound, and baby weighs 5 lbs. 7 oz., which is perfect (and we saw him/her sucking its thumb!). I was nervous b/c one of the complications of gestational diabetes is often large babies, so knowing that this kid should be around 7.5 to 8 lbs. at birth eased my mind. I really have been taking good care of myself, exercising a lot and monitoring my carb intake. Oh how I miss orange juice. But these small sacrifices are all worth it when I get a good report from the doctor.

Only 2 more weeks and a few days until we see his/her face. I'm beginning to wash baby things, get stuff out of the attic, etc. Eric, in typical male fashion, wants to wait until the day before to even think about setting up a co-sleeper or installing a car seat. And me, in typical anal type-A fashion, wanted it done yesterday. We've compromised on a date of August 1st - having everything totally ready to go.

That's about it from here, just a quick note to say hi. Hope everyone is well!

4 comments:

The Wards said...

So glad to hear that Baby Larson is doing well! I'm guessing boy for this one, but I'm convinced that I'm having another girl.

Isn't this nesting instinct something? Ever since we got home from traveling this weekend, I have wanted to do nothing but baby prep. I knew it was bad yesterday when I passed up a chance to nap in order to organize. That would NOT have happened a few days ago.

By the way, the new phrase of choice in the Ward household is "Help a sister out!". Often used as a plead to Mali. I can only imagine how she'll retort someday.

erin said...

Yay for LITTLE baby Larson!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited to see this little person we can't even stand it!!!!!!

It is awesome watching your family grow.

Hi to you both, and kiss Miss Stella for us.
Love you,

angela | the painted house said...

I can't believe it is getting so close!

Please don't torture us after the little one is born and take forever to post photos!!!!