Sunday, December 09, 2007

Help Me Prove I'm Not an Idiot - Buy My ----!

So my buddy at the charity auction says, "You really need to bid on some of these collectibles. I mean, they are going for a fraction of what they are selling for on eBay!" So I talked to Marian and she said, "Go for it." We went a little over our budget: I ended up buying 9 of the things.

What are these things? ORIGINAL SNOW VILLAGE COLLECTIBLES!

Here's one:



This is the Starbucks Cafe. It's pretty neat. But I don't drink coffee anymore. This is a stinging reminder of that fact. Do I really want it lighting up my holidays?

So I put them all on eBay - all 9. No one has bid on them (though a few are watching the bidding and might just jump in at the last minute...?)

Please prove I was not an idiot. Go on eBay and buy these things. They are in great shape, with original slip covers. They will light up the lives of all your collecting friends and family this holiday season. I promise!

2 comments:

The Jones Family said...

I have been wanting to comment, just not quite sure what to say! Seems I am not alone. I hope they sell!

Anonymous said...

Can someone comment on an old post? I guess we'll find out. Did these villages sell? The Light of Our Life works at Starbucks now so that particular village may be something we'd be interested in buying for her.