Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter in the mountains

Our Easter weekend was great! Took the girls to an Easter Egg Hunt last week, in 48 degree drizzle. Stella of course only wanted pink and purple eggs (gag me! where did I get this girly child?), and Meg was pissed that she didn't get any. See?



Here's me and the gals. Sometimes I still can't believe I'm a mom. It's a combined feeling of, "I cannot be grown up and mature enough to be doing this," with "Did Eric and I actually create these little people that happen to be adorable too?"




Speaking of Eric, this month marks 10 years that we had our blind date. I would've never in a million years guessed that I would marry that guy. Especially since HE came to take ME out to lunch, but his ghetto-mobile was having problems, so he asked if we could take my car. Well, I had to run up ahead and chuck my pack of Camel Lights under the seat b/c I didn't want him to know I smoked. Then he ragged on my UNC sticker and I abruptly gave him an F*** you. So it wasn't exactly love at first sight. But he is the love of my life, of that I'm sure.

Here's one last photo of Meg and Stells in the bath. Meg has realized that her big sister is the end all be all in her life. She absolutely adores her, and she has one squeal that she reserves only for Stella. It is hysterical.


That's it from here, people. Oh, one last funny thing. We visited a church on Easter and it was the first time Stella had sat through a church service. She was good as three year olds go, quiet and fairly still. But in the middle of the service, she whispers to me, "Why did Aunt B and Uncle Pat's dog poop in the house?" I fell out. One, because here we are learning about Jesus rising from the grave and she says that. Two, that poop incident happened literally 1 1/2 years ago. My whole body was shaking I was laughing so hard.

Hope you got a giggle out of that. Peace out!

4 comments:

Katy said...

I am so glad that you hid those cigarettes or I wouldn't have a great "sista"-in-law. Cuz you know he wouldn't have married your ass if you hadn't.

the larsons said...

What up Katy, me too. You know he gave me the cigarette ultimatum - quit or I will call off the engagement - no kidding. So I did. Most of the time I'm glad I chose him over the stogeys.

love you! Stells misses you.

The Jones Family said...

I got the same ultimatum from your brother Marian. It worked!
Glad Easter was fun. Can't wait to see you guys in June!

angela | the painted house said...

I can't imagine you puffing on a ciggie, Marian! I'm glad Eric could see the treasure through the haze! :)

Gosh, those girls are all kinds of irresistable. A squeal just for Stella--so sweet!