Sunday, March 02, 2008

Once was blind, now she can...

See.

Well, she wasn't blind, but she IS very far-sighted. So here she is, at her four-eyed best.


She has been such an amazing sport about it. Her glasses case is a little pink purse that she carries around - good work marketing folks - and she even has a little cloth that she cleans the glasses with when they're dirty. Doc said she has to wear them all the time for now, but she may grow out of it in a few years.

Moments like this in parenthood make me realize how lucky we are. Of course when I saw her with those glasses on I started to cry, but it wasn't out of sadness. It was a combination of "she looks so grown up" with thankfulness that we have access to and are able to provide her with the help she needs to be able to see. You know there are kids all over the world who have this same problem that just have to live with it.

And here is Eric and his mini-me. Stella and I came back from a walk today and found them just hangin on the couch watching NCAA basketball. Meg has finally warmed up to her dad and is now totally in love with him.



We had an awesome weekend. Weather was beautiful, we spent tons of time outside. We found a trail at the local community college that was perfect length for Stella to walk and Meg to ride in the backpack. We also rented March of the Penguins (is it just me, or was it sweet and weird at the same time?) and just had a great family weekend.

I have tears rolling down my cheeks right now watching freaking Extreme Home Makeover Edition. Gotta go wipe my nose now.

Have a great week!

p.s. please say a little prayer for my soon-to-arrive niece, Lily. Looks like she may come in the next two weeks, which will still put her born about a month before her due date. My sister in law goes back to the doctor on Tuesday to check on things. Love you little Lily!

6 comments:

The Jones Family said...

I love, love, love, love those glasses. (Thanks for posting a picture for us!)
Glad to hear Meg now knows Daddy is her friend. Can't wait to see you all again soon.

erin said...

Stella, you look BEE-U-TIFUL!

kwall said...

God I love those girls! Stells is so grown up and Meg's photos are always hysterical!

erin said...

Oh my gosh. I keep coming back to your blog just so I can see that stinkin' sweet picture over and over again.

Man she looks cute in those glasses.

angela | the painted house said...

What an intellectual! Stella looks bella! So glad the good doc could fix her up.

And it is good to see that Meg is wising up--Daddy is a good man to have her side!

Katy said...

That picture of Stella is just about the cutest picture I've ever seen!