Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Eric's Random 10 on Tuesday

1. Stella woke crying at 6 a.m. saying she "didn't dream good." Sometimes I don't dream good either, my daughter. May your dreams improve with your next snooze.

2. The Thornburgs and the Reynolds' both visited over the weekend. We felt extremely popular and had a great time eating Marian's homemade pulled pork, sushi, and Joey's Pancake House. Oh, the beers at the Thirsty Monk in Asheville were very nice, too.

3. I'm pursuing a huge deal with my company that could quickly triple our annual revenue. That's all I'll say about that, but please think good thoughts while I attempt to turn good dreams into actual gold.

4. Chris and Katy "My Sis" Reynolds left some Higher Ground coffee here. It's really nice stuff.

5. Marian hates it when I blog over her and folks miss her posts. So I'm blogging first today, dear. You have all day to trump me.

6. Meg woke up the past 2 nights around 11 p.m. That's really strange for her. I think her brain is changing.

7. There she goes crying. She's awake at 6:30 -- not a bad sleep for her. She won't let me lift her out of her crib, of course. She'll want to stand and grab the railing for a while as she dances. Please don't tell me she's going to be a pole dancer some day?

8. I'm a member of Kiwanis and received an American flag that was getting a little worn. I hung it off our deck for Labor Day. Stella wanted to see it so we walked to the end of the driveway and took a look. Go America!

9. McCain spent as much time choosing his VP as I sometimes decide on what I'm going to wear in the morning. My wife says I often dress myself funny. 'Nough said.

10. Watching tennis on a Monday is a glorious thing. There are not NEAR enough opportunities.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

That had to be the funniest 10 on Tuesday ever. I don't know which was funnier, imagining a Daddy imagining his daughter growing up to be a pole dancer or contemplating just how appropriate your assessment of Palin's selection was.

P.S. Anthropomorphizing my stuffed animals helped me dream "good" at night. (It really did. I also really wanted to use the word "anthropomorphizing" today. Thank you.)

Good luck with your deal!