Thursday, January 04, 2007

I could get used to this

Reading back over recent posts that Eric has written, I've noticed a lovely pattern forming - his saying great things about me. While I'm not sure what's gotten into him, I'm not complaining. It might have something to do with me carrying his baby, or the fact that occasionally Stella and I whip up a decent breakfast or dinner for him.

So it's my turn to tell the world (or at least the 3 people that probably check this blog) how lucky I am to have him. He is the fairest (I'm giggling, because I originally typed "fairiest"), most honest person I know. He is unpretentious, not at all into material possessions -- the opposite of that annoying "cool guy" that girls may find cute when they are freshmen in college but not when looking for a life partner.

This inevitably means that he does wear black socks with tennis shoes, and may on occasion throw on his Mr. Rogers cardigan when he's cold around the house. But you know, in some twisted, backwards way, I find those things cute, because it reminds me what he really is all about. He is an incredibly hard-worker and in my mind a self-taught success story, especially in business. He is a dreamer and goes after things he believes in so fiercely that I can't imagine him not succeeding.

And don't even get me started on how he is with miss Stella Bell. When he walks through the door, she immediately runs to the couch and screams "Daddy Wanna Sit!" Once he sits, she is relentless in her pursuit for tickles and cuddles. And I have spent ALOT of time with this kid, but I've never heard her laugh like she does with her dad. When I see them together, well, that sight wells up the happiest feelings that I think I've ever had.

So even though I am awesome (see posts below), I've got a pretty good guy helping make me so. Thanks, love.

1 comment:

angela | the painted house said...

I'm thinking about hiring you or Eric to write something about me on my blog...you two are just so sweet together!!!