Saturday, January 20, 2007

My favorite meal of the day...

Hands down, it is breakfast. And I don't mean raisin brand or toast, guys, I mean a full-on, hot and delicious breakfast. Eggs, homefries, bacon, biscuits, french toast - OK, not all in one meal usually, though these days I am eating for two, remember?

This morning my dear friends Brittain and Pat treated Stells and I to breakfast at the Hot Shot Cafe in Asheville. There's nothing incredibly special or unique about the place, but there's something about sipping coffee in the morning with friends, planning our day and recapping their previous night's adventures (they have a great social life, much like I did before I had a human alarm clock at 6 every morning).

I always love seeing Brittain and Pat (Brittain is my best friend from our UNC days (a sorority sister, okay - I don't want to hear the Greek jokes from anyone), and so does Stella. They are definitely her two favorite people on the planet. The whole way to Asheville this morning, she was saying "Uncle Pat wuves Tella?" To which I would reply yes. Then she'd ask, "Aunt B wuves Tella too?" And I would reassure her that these two special people did in fact love her. So here they are, spending time with their little buddy Stella.





Have a great rest of the weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stella is sooooo cute! Congrats to both of you on baby No. 2. :-)

angela | the painted house said...

I was just wondering the other day "if Marian would go get waffles with me at 9pm at the Waffle House--since she's pregnant and all?" I LOVE breakfast, too. Did you know that IHOP has all-you-can-eat pancakes right now? A little gross, but also a little appetizing...

Susie PSU said...

Don't forget the grits!