Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Our Lima Bean

I had my first ultrasound at the doctor's office today....

(Oh, incase the reader doesn't know our news yet, we're expecting baby #2 in August!)

So this ultrasound was a different experience for me, because I didn't see Stella in utero until 20 weeks, and I'm only 7 weeks along right now. It's still so early, so to see that tiny creature and hear the faintest of heartbeats was so reassuring. It confirmed for me that my ridiculous fatigue and craving of foods with zero nutritional value were valid.

Stella keeps looking down my shirt and saying "mommy got a baby in dere" or "mommy got a baby in belly button." It's cute in theory, but not cute when she's ripping my shirt off to say it again and again.

Aside from that event today, we're just trying to stay healthy - Eric with an eye infection, Stella with the sniffles, and me being a moody mama - and working hard to prepare for our big annual wedding trade show in a couple of weeks. This is crunch time for weddings because brides like to get things organized at the beginning of the year. Good for us!

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

angela | the painted house said...

Congratulations!! What wonderful news! I love how the maternity books compare the babies each week of development to some kind of fruit, vegetable, or legume. Lima Bean this week, fig next week! Can't wait to see you grow, Marian.