Thursday, January 24, 2008

My first "Ten On" anyday

So let's admit it, we all read our friends' friends blogs. I know I do. And I've noticed this trend, "Ten on Tuesday," where people will reflect about 10 things going on with them. I'm so unconventional that I'm doing it on Thursday. So here goes:

1. Our Kindermusik class started back after a long holiday break today. We had a blast. Hands down, that's been the best money spent on any kids' activity for this family. It is both great quality time with Stells and great social time for her too. And I've made some of my best friends here through it as well.

2. After trying for 3 long, harried, horrific nights to have Stella and Meg share a room, we decided it just wasn't working. We've spent the last several days re-arranging the house so that Meg has our old room, and we moved into the guest room. So far, it's been MUCH better for us all.

3. I joined Weight Watchers online on Jan 1st and have lost 13 pounds. And Eric has lost 8 just by eating my cooking. We are gonna be the DILF and MILF of the world! Email me if you need an explanation of those acronyms.

4. I'm getting more excited about the upcoming addition to the Jones side of the family - we've got another niece coming in April! Lily Therese Jones will be here before we know it. I cannot wait to hold her. I wish she didn't live in California.

5. It's a good thing Meg is cute, because she sure is needy. But I do think she's teething, so I can't be too mad at her.

6. Eric joined the local Kiwanis club and spearheaded a big fundraiser for them last month. It was an auction where people bid on services instead of items, things such as "pet sitting for a week" or "help around the house for 5 hours" etc. Well, we bid on a few things, and one that we won was vegetable soup for eight, brought to your house ready to eat! So this Sunday, friends Sheila and Max are coming over and we're gonna have the soup.

7. We're both reading a book called "The Nature-Deficit Disorder" about the lack of fresh air and unstructured outdoor play that kids have today. I tell Eric sometimes that I just want to pack up these kids and move to some cliffside town in freaking New Zealand or Portugal or somewhere that I imagine life being much simpler and more romantic. Of course those places have their problems too, I know. What I mean is that I want Meg and Stella to be able to explore freely, be able to play outside safely and just to be kids.

8. I don't think #7 made much sense but I'm too lazy to re-word it right now. You get my drift.

9. Our businesses are keeping us incredibly busy, and it's not even the end of January yet. It's a good problem to have!

10. My favorite food in the world is cheese. Why is it also one of the most fattening?

6 comments:

The Jones Family said...

I love cheese!!!!! I too wish it could be fat free, and still taste like cheese.
We miss you guys.

angela | the painted house said...

Of course we all read our friend's friend's blogs!

Gosh,don't you feel like you get over one hump with the babies and are finally cruising along and then BAM teething hits.

erin said...

You're a great ten-on-whenever-er...keep it up!

James, Rachel and Tenzin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
James, Rachel and Tenzin said...

#7 Is rather funny to me, because we've often thought of packing up and moving to your back yard.

I guess city and country are a state of mind. Think about it...a lot of people would call Fiji isolated. Tell that to the PC volunteer living on Tarawa. THEN tell THAT to the volunteer living on Arorae.

So I wouldn't exactly call the mountains of North Carolina Tarawa-like, but there are many-a-night in Columbus when I'd love nothing more than to look up and see something other than the soft fluorescent glow of our downtown skyline. I think Stells and Megs will do just fine out there.

(Sorry, I had to delete the first comment because of the &^%#ing Adobe updater that makes my computer blow up).

The Jones Family said...

I always say I am going to do a top 10, it's just a matter of figuring out which of my thousand thoughts are on the top!