Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Real Ten on Tuesday post

Wow, I got 6 comments on that last post - I think that may be a record for us. Am I that interesting? I guess so.

Here's the real thing, a true 10 on Tuesday post:

1. When Stella has a runny nose, she wipes her nose with both sleeves so often and so hard that it looks like she has a bright red smile going from cheek to cheek and under her nose. It looks terrible.

2. Eric is headed to Durham this weekend to attend a weekend of events honoring Reynolds Price, the author he worked for and lived with back in 1998. Fine food and drink, interesting people to meet and reunite with, and best of all (what I'm most jealous about) - Toni Morrison is doing a reading in Duke Chapel. I will be at home, breastfeeding.

3. We're considering putting our house back on the market in the spring. The real estate market sucks so badly right now that we don't know if we're getting our hopes up, but we may give it another shot.

4. I bought a jogging stroller and am loving it. I'm trying to get back into running, and Eric and I want to do a 10K together in July. Really, I want to do it with him, but to be honest, he is way faster than me so he probably doesn't want to do it with me. I pushed Meg first in it - no sweat. Then the other day Stella wanted to come, and all I did was walk and it about killed me. That child is about 35 pounds.

5. I got an invitation to join a book club and am not sure if I want to do it. I mean, I want to, but I seriously doubt I'll read the books, and I don't want to be lame. But I think the group of people are pretty chill, more just looking for an excuse to get together once a month. If it's like that, I'll probably give it a shot.

6. I'll probably be starting Meg on solid food here shortly.

7. I cannot belive how boring this list is.

Let me end there, but include a few photos of the girls instead. They're way more exciting to look at, at least to me!




6 comments:

The Wards said...

You are such a good mom! Seriously, us exclusively-breastfeeding moms need props. It's definitely hard to miss out on cool events but somehow it all works out to be worth it. Just think of the millions of dollars you're saving on formula. And preventing ear infections!

Good luck with the solid food, by the way. Brinn has NO interest in it.

And Mali is just over a cold. Se now confuses "snot" and "drool" and orders me to wipe up Brinn's "snot" constantly.

the larsons said...

Kaethe, I know you're right and that I've made the right decision to do this for my babies - and they're only little for such a short time - but it's hard on those rare occasions when you just want a chunk of time away! Especially with the anti-bottle baby that I have.

The Wards said...

Why don't you just let Stella try her line on Meg? You know, "Can't you help a sister out?" Maybe that will convince her that the bottle is a decent second-best.

Jen E. said...

oh, i'd love to hear toni morrison read too! gah. sorry you can't go,but i totally understand as i exclusively bf my daughter as well. i am not sure what part of nc you live in, but i just moved from nc (and i'm totaly anc completely missing it btw!!) and i left behind a wonderful book club. seriously, if you are looking for one in the raleigh area contact me, the best chill group of women ever, and they all have kiddos ages 2 and under! (so rarely does everyone read a book in entirety and you don't feel bad about it because everyone understands!!)

the larsons said...

Jen, we actually live near Asheville, but sometimes we toy with moving back to the Triangle...if that ever happens and I'm needing some mom friends, I will certainly seek out your help!

where did you move, and why?

angela | the painted house said...

I say just go and breastfeed anywhere. I've taken Callan places I'd never take a baby only because I knew I could quiet him with a little boobie-boobie. Sniff, now those days are gone.