Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Ten on Tuesday - becoming a tradition!

Hey! First, photos of the kiddos:


Here are Stells and her best friend Noa lounging on our floor.




Meg has the most intense stare. We think that in 13 years or so, Stella will be the back-talker and Meg will just glare at us.



Getting ready for her first bite of real food. She felt like such a big girl in her booster seat.



The child wailed when we took it away. Even better, she's been sleeping much better with a little more food in her belly. Maybe it's coincidence, but I'm not taking any chances. Eat on, little sis!



And she does love her big sis. Which leads me into my ten random thoughts:

1. Stella said the funniest thing the other day. We were taking a walk with my friend Brittain around our neighborhood when she said, "Meg loves her some big sister." Where does she get this slang verbage? I'm afraid it's from me, not her intellectual father.

2. The night prior to this walk, Brittain spent the night with me. We proceeded to drink 2 bottles of wine, and then one beer each b/c the wine obviously wasn't enough. Keep in mind, I haven't drank anywhere near that much since before getting pregnant - with Stella! I thought I was literally going to die the whole next day. Take it from me, it's not worth it.

3. I have to hurry now b/c I just realized only 8 more minutes until American Idol, my favorite show ever.

4. Meg slept through the night for the first time a few nights ago - 11 hours worth without a peep. She is changing so much, turning into such a bonafide grabbing at everything, squealing happy baby.

5. It was almost 70 degrees here today, in the mountains of NC in February. The weather in these mountains is so weird and unpredictable. I think the worst snowstorm in history here - the storm of 1993 as the locals call it - was late March.

6. Sometimes I dream of going back to school for nutrition. Then I remember that there's science I'd have to take. Maybe I just want to study food. But then I don't want the pressure of someone screaming at me for cutting my carrots wrong. Oh well.

7. Someone asked me today if we thought we'd have any more kids. When I said yes, she acted like I was insane. Reassure me that it's not insane to want three kids.

8. Stella fed a horse today straight from her hand.

9. We're going to participate in a huge street-wide yard sale on March 1st. We're hoping it motivates us to clean out some of our junk, I mean treasures.

10. Only 3 more minutes until AI! Gotta go!

5 comments:

The Jones Family said...

You are addicted to American Idol!!!

Love the cute bib on Meg.
call me funny but I think she looks a little like your Grandma Pollock sometimes.

Tell Stells I love her.

erin said...

I'm wondering if #2 and #4 happened on consecutive days...

maybe it's not what she ate...but what YOU drank!

:)

erin said...

oh, and if that's the case, let me know. Cause I'll be stocking up on the Boone's Farm. :)

the larsons said...

Unfortunately, those nights didn't coincide b/c I needed the sleep that night especially! But I spoke too soon, now she's back to a 3:30 am feeding. She's not nearly as predictable as Stella was. And I like predictable!

angela | the painted house said...

No, it is not insane to want three children...most days.