Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Ten on this Tuesday

Hey! I just realized it was Tuesday. Here's what's going on with us right now:

1. My dear friend Kristen has a new blog! Check it out, it is a trip. I am sure it will consistently be funny, as she and her friend Julie are. And she's Stella's godmother, which makes her even more special to us.

2. Our Stella needs glasses. She has been squinting for a while now, and lately we've noticed that one of her eye was kind of lazy. So Eric took her to the doctor yesterday, and sure enough she is farsighted. I haven't seen the frames she picked out yet, but all I know is that they are pink. Lord help me with this girly-girl daughter of mine. I'll be sure to post photos when she gets them.

3. Eric is just getting over the flu. I haven't seen him this sick since Peace Corps. So sick that he was calling me on his cell phone - from downstairs. I feel like I neglected him because my mission quickly turned to keeping myself and these girls as far away from him as possible!

4. Today I have felt like Cinderella. Mindless tasks around the house that have to get done, but feel SO unfulfilling. I know the little things matter, but today I'm craving more!

5. It's supposed to snow tonight, around 4 inches I think. It was 60 degrees around noon today. The weather here is so unpredictable.

6. I went for a run around our local lake today, 2.2 miles. It was the second time I've actually made it the whole way since Meg arrived. Now, that WAS by myself, not pushing that jogging stroller. I'm still working up to that.

7. We're participating in a big yard sale this Saturday. Surprisingly, we don't have that much to sell, but we're still going through stuff. And I am the anti-pack rat. I hate clutter, but it's been hard to find stuff to get rid of.

8. Has anyone ever seen the Moosewood Cafe cookbooks? I checked some out from the library and have found so many things I want to try. Check them out.

9. When we tuck Stella in, she wants us to tell her what to dream about. Tonight it was baby turtles.

10. I am TIRED, really really tired. Not to complain, just a fact. I'm outta here.

Leave comments!

4 comments:

The Jones Family said...

I can't wait to see Stells new glasses!!!!!

Arendall is very fond of that Moosewood Cookbook series. You should also try "Horn Over the Moon" and "Beyond the Moon". They are both vegetarian but we haven't found a recipe we didn't like!

erin said...

Oooh...sorry I missed this post yesterday! That's SO awesome for you about running around the lake! Remind me to tell you sometime about when I ran my first (and only) 5K and was beat by spongebob. It wasn't pretty.

Daisy said...

I absolutely adore the Moosewood Cookbooks. My only complaint is that I'm highly motivated by pictures of food and sadly, there aren't many in my Mollie Katzen books. My mouth still waters just flipping through the pages (and I've been able to sneak a lot of her main dish casseroles past unsuspecting carnivores!)

I don't know if Eric remembers me from Anniston, but if he does, tell him good luck battling that flu!

Anonymous said...

When Precious was little, we used to tuck her in and tell her what to dream about. Her favorite was when we'd describe exactly how she and her two best friends would be accidentally locked inside Wal-Mart all night by themselves. Hmmm. So many toys, so little time. (But then we started boycotting Wal-Mart and had to switch to Toys R Us.) Now that Precious is 21, we don't know where she'd want to be locked in all night. And we probably don't WANT to know!