Wednesday, August 13, 2008

birthday photos and what not

We had a great birthday party for Meg last Sunday. Very chill, just a casual meal and beer on our porch, followed of course by cake for the big girl. Here she is waiting patiently.


In the thick of it:


And the aftermath:


Stella is officially bored with summer. She is SO ready for preschool to start. We're looking for a babysitter to keep Meg two of the three mornings that Stells is in school so I can start back working for the business a little bit.

Weird thing happened yesterday as I was coming into our neighborhood. There's a pretty nice restaurant just down the hill from our house and I have to pass it whenever I come home. Well, yesterday around noon I noticed a pickup truck just parked in the restaurant's lot, with a guy totally passed out in the drivers seat. His door was wide open, body turned like he was getting ready to just step out of the car, head slumped forward.

Well, of course my first thought was, Oh Dear Lord I am looking at a dead body and so is my 3 year old, and I'm gonna have to be on Dateline. I rolled down my window and yelled at him, nothing. So I circled back around the restaurant, knocked on the office door, and told the nice lady what I saw. She sent the chef to check out the scene.

Chef comes back and says that the guy had changed positions. He's alive! His guess was that he drank too much at the bar across the street and the steakhouse parking lot was as far as he made it.

That's the excitement around these mountain parts.

Oops, gotta go, Olympics are on. I'll end with my new favorite photo. The twins, born just 36 years apart.


5 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Meg, thank you for making my night with those spectacular photos of your cake fest. Happy birthday, big girl!

Anonymous said...

O...M...G...those pics are so funny! "and I'm gonna have to be on Dateline." - I can totally hear you saying that.

Daisy said...

Waiting patiently? I see that gleam in her eye... I suspect we share the same attitude about cake - patience begone!

The Wards said...

This blog makes me laugh out loud. I can't decide on my favorite part--Meg waiting to have cake on her birthday (I assume the beer wasn't for her) or the fact that Marian thought she might be on Dateline as a reaction to possibly seeing a dead body.

Keep those posts coming!

The Hunnicutts said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Meg!