Thursday, August 21, 2008

Someone Stole Our Rocks

These are not the rocks that were stolen, but you get the idea of the
size we are talking about. You have to really want them!

You know the economy is bad, I guess, when folks are stealing rocks from each other.

Marian and Stella liked to play "house" on these two huge flat rocks on the corner of our property. Granted, that part of our lot looks woodsy and undeveloped (which it is). But wouldn't you think to ask anyway before you used your bulldozer (the tracks are still there) to take our 200-lb. rocks?

I mean, the state is carrying dump-trucks FULL of rocks from up the mountain where they are widening and paving the roads. There are plenty of rocks to be had. Our neighbor, Bob, got 9 truckloads of dirt and rocks -- FREE! He thinks I think he took my rocks, because I asked him about the coincidence of hundreds of rocks arriving at his house on the same day that mine were found missing. I'm sure he didn't tell anyone to grab them - though it's plausible they are on his property. But we didn't write our names on the rocks, and I didn't take any good photos of my rocks for insurance purposes.

He did say I can have a couple of his rocks. But how will I move them? I'll wiki Archimedes...

Someone stole my daughter's house. And she's only 3. How cruel is that? I have a daughter who now has to enter her imaginary world as a homeless person. I'm putting my foot down: I will not allow her to trade imaginary sex for imaginary food!

At least she can't fall on them and get boo-boos. Those rocks probably have her blood all over them. Aha! I can use a DNA test to establish which of Bob's rocks are mine!

It's possible the state moved them because they plan to widen and repave our street -- which would suck. OR someone just wants to clear a space so they can park on our property - which has sort of happened before. I need to get a sign that says: "Don't even THINK about it! This sorry dirt corner is mine!"

Please pray that our rocks come rolling home in one piece.

3 comments:

erin said...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Poor Stella!

Daisy said...

I have a hard time letting things like that go... I'd probably put up a sign that said, "To whoever stole our rocks, our daughters miss the place where they played house. Please observe property boundaries and do not disrespect property that does not belong to you."

Surely whoever absconded with said rocks drives by occasionally. If nothing else, I'd get satisfaction imagining a bit of guilt on their part once they realized that someone had noticed their thievery!

angela | the painted house said...

That is CRAZY! Like there aren't enough free rocks on those there mountains for someone to take without stealing yours. What is this world coming to???