Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. This is my best friend, Brittain, who is getting hitched in just 3 short weeks! We had a bachelorette party for her Saturday night that was so fun. Complete with stripper, penis-shaped straws, too many shots, and some hysterical photos. This 30 year old mama can't party like I once did (has anyone had a hangover in the last year or so? I mean, I feel like I'm gonna die if I have 2 glasses of wine the night before. Such a lightweight!) - so I was the designated driver, and the official "sleep in the bed with the bachelorette " friend. Wouldn't trade it for anything, B!
2. Meg has a babysitter! I'm back at work for the business two mornings a week, while our babysitter stays home with Meg and Stella goes to preschool. No, Meg doesn't like it, but I have confidence that she'll get used to it and fall in love with Danielle like we have. It's still a bad feeling to drive away from your house at 8:15 am with your baby screaming and return at 12:30 to the same sound. Don't worry, she reassured me that she didn't cry the WHOLE time.



3. Here is our big girl on her first day of 4-year old preschool. I think she's the youngest in her class since she won't be four until late September, but they let her start anyway. We love her teacher and all the people that work there too. There's one little girl in her class and 7 boys.





4. It's still raining here. We're in a major drought so this rain for the last 36 or so hours has been awesome. It's cool, steady and makes you just wanna stay in your PJs. We had a little pancake/PJ party at my friend Christine's this morning with her twins Bo and Chris. So cozy.




5. Salt Lake City, here we come. We've officially booked our flights, reserved our hotel, and started planning. Meg's staying with the inlaws and we're taking Stella on a big girl trip all by herself. It's really a work/play trip - Eric mainly working and us playing - but the highlight is that my sister in law and baby niece are coming to meet us. I cannot wait to get my hands on baby Lily!

6. We're gonna have another niece or nephew in January. Eric's brother Wade and his wife Beth are expecting baby number two. Word!

7. Did anyone see Michelle Obama speak at the DNC on TV last night? She brought me to tears, something I don't think any politician or politician's spouse for that matter has ever done. It was just so real, so unassuming, just like I was hearing a friend talk. Really.

8. Ask my husband what he sprayed all over our home today - carpet, upholstery, etc. - INSTEAD of the flea killer spray that was supposed to kill the bastards that are making us all itch.

9. I've never been a huge cereal fan, probably because it doesn't fill me up. But lately I've been loving some Smart Start. What's your favorite cereal? For me, its more of a yummy snack than actual meal.

10. I'm getting my butt in the bed. But my butt isn't nearly as cute as this one.




Good night!

2 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Oh, school, babysitting, rain--lots going down with you Larsons. Let me just tell you, if I had been at that bachelorette party, I would have quietly sat in the corner sipping my water through my penis straw and shielding my virgin eyes. :)

Congrats on school, Miss Stella!

The Jones Family said...

We can't wait for Salt Lake!!!!