Thursday, August 07, 2008

Salt Lake, Here We Come!

One of the blogs we like to read is parisbaconpesto. It's written by our friend Jeff Schmerker who is traveling the world with our other friend (yes, our ONLY other friend) Laura (his wife). They are currently in Argentina skiing. Jeff used to write for the Mountaineer here in Haywood County, N.C. I'd highly recommend it. They only recently started their year-long journey.

Jeff is from Utah. I've never REALLY been to Utah. Oh, I've been to Monument Valley and Four Corners -- where 4 states join which is desert and, thus, in Utah by accident, if you trip. It was great, but it looked a lot like the other three nearby states.

But now we're going to Salt Lake City! It's a job that we're turning into a vacation, too. I'll be recording audio for 30 workshops or so at the Association of Personal Historians, of which I am a member.

It's going to mean dropping Meg off at my mom's in Alabama, but that will give them a chance to bond.

This won't happen till the end of October, so we have plenty of time to read about the Church of Latter Day Saints and what-not. I made friends with a Mormon missionary in the Peace Corps. Look forward to meeting some of his peeps. One day I'll also tell you the story of how a Mormon commune (well, really just a group of friends) put me up in their house in London for the night when I missed my flight back to the States.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

I've actually never spent any time in Salt Lake, but I've flown in and out of there a gazillion times. The mountains are just gorgeous... Have fun planning your trip!